The new Church was dedicated on November 24, 1950 (see order of Service). The first service was held November 26 with the Reverend Hugh Davidson of Knox preaching the sermon. There were 30 in attendance at the service and it was arranged to have students of Knox College take the future services. After the church began, various groups were formed, among them Explorers and Scouts for the youth, the Ladies Guild and badminton club for the adults. Communion was first held in March 1952, and in April 1953 a Formation Service was held when 69 charter members joined St. Paul's. St. Paul's now became a congregation of The Presbyterian Church in Canada with the right to govern themselves.
In March of 1953, the Board of World Missions appointed the Rev. Bruce Miles as the first full-time minister. Rev. Miles was inducted in St. Paul's on May 14, 1953.
Among the first three Elders elected to Session in April 1953 was Ian Chalmers, still a member but no longer an active Elder. A second election of Elders was held in May of 1956 when another three Elders were added, one being Mervin Cairns who, after 50 years, is still an active Elder in St. Paul's. The first Baptism was held in June 1953 when 14 children were baptized.
From the outset, St. Paul's received financial support from the Board of World Missions. However, by 1956 the congregation felt they could manage on their own and in April 1956 became self-supporting assuming a mortgage of $10,000.00 from The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
In April 1958, Rev. Miles accepted a call to Listowel, Ontario and Rev. Derek Allen was inducted as Minister in December 1958. (Click on picture to enlarge)